Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 3 Assignment - Written Assignment


                For my photo project I chose to use my Beautiful Darling scarf. It is extremely light-weight, thin and transparent. In the picture chosen it shows only the lower portion of the face. Many people may not know who Candy Darling is, but she was a Warhol Superstar and I am kind of obsessed with both of them.
                The photo is simple but it catches the eye, because people have a tendency to try and match the face with the name and since only the lower half of the face is shown most people will never know who it is. What makes this photo interesting in my opinion is the angle it was captured, it adds depth and the folds in the scarf create layers.  It may not tell a story on its own, but I think the photo is beautiful because the pink on the lips, and the heart shaped beauty mark when compared to the blacks, whites, and grays on the rest of the scarf in the photo it adds personality.
                I like how the photo turned out, but it has faults do to the material of the cloth and the potency of color on the scarf. And if I was able to improve the picture I would have incorporated the rest of the face. But to me, it is an interesting photo of someone I am intrigued by.

No comments:

Post a Comment